Salcedo Market Saturdays

4:01 AM


On weekdays, Makati is a busy, bustling, overcrowded city filled with corporate people who go about their hectic corporate lives. But on weekends, everything slows down. Instead of groups of people clad in formal office wear, you'll find joggers, bikers, owners with their dogs and cute asian kids who are out to play in the streets and sidewalks. In fact, aside from malls, the only buzzing part of Makati on weekends are Salcedo Market on Saturdays and Legazpi Market on Sundays.

Took a couple of photos from our visit last weekend. We go here regularly even before we started living in Makati but I find myself enjoying it more now. Sleeping in is always a luxury I look forward to but I'm willing to give it up once in a while for these satisfying finds. Tita vibes.


Here's a quick tour of Salcedo Market from our last visit:

Pretty flowers are always the first ones to greet you as you enter the market.
I thought I like all things salted egg until I tasted this salted egg chicharon. Props for being creative, but this is the embodiment of the word umay, lol.
There are new and interesting fusion of dishes and flavors every week. 
Everything is environment-friendly!
This simple churro stand beat Dulcinea and La Lola as Spot.ph's best churro in Manila.
Our Salcedo Market visit is never complete without the fresh dalandan juice from this fruit stand. This is always our staple. Even in Legazpi Market, my parents and I always get our drinks from this fruit stand.
Though I spend the first few minutes carefully checking each kiosk out, I always end up ordering kebab, well done, no onions and with extra cheese and yogurt sauce.
For dessert, it's only ever a choice between taho or dirty ice cream. I guess taho won this time.
My mom is allergic to squid and I don't eat seafood so I always get that hesitant "Ano po?" from vendors whenever I ask them to remove the tako in takoyaki.
And if you still need another reason to love this place, almost every food stand offers free taste!

Writing this blog post at night, when I've decided to only have Koko Krunch for dinner, is a very bad idea. 

Love, Paola

You Might Also Like

0 comments