If it's meant for you..

2:19 AM

..it will come back - a line we've all heard of to the point of being sick of it lol

But indeed, things have a way of coming back to you.


The other day, I was in a rush to leave so I just grabbed my earrings and decided to put them on while walking. After putting on the first one, I suddenly realized I wasn't holding anything anymore. I've lost enough earrings in this lifetime so I'm not ready to lose yet another one. I carefully threaded my every step and relief washed over me when I saw it by my bedroom door (I know it's just an earring but I have separated far too many pairs that I feel almost apologetic to the ones left lying in my accessory cabinet, alone and sad).

And then last night, while walking around the mall, I suddenly noticed that my bag was missing this fur ball key chain that my Ninang gave me. Me and my cousins have matching ones so this it's kind of special. It's gonna be hard to trace back my steps in the mall so I had no choice but to let it go. Then this morning, I saw it inside the car and screamed for joy that my dad almost stopped driving.

(The other day I thought I also lost a necklace but I realized I just misplaced it so let's not talk about that).

I'm just so entertained by the things I almost lost these past days. Almost. They say if it's meant for you, it will come back to you. It is both comforting and bothersome. Comforting enough to know that there's chance to regain what you've lost but in a way, it makes you feel uneasy since that also means you have no control and all you can do is let it go. Uncertainty, afterall, is a scary thing.

I wonder what else I'll lose-and-let-go and lose-and-regain this year.

Love, Paola

You Might Also Like

0 comments